Saturday, April 28, 2007

Post 1/2 Marathon, Day 14

I have strep throat. So my recent sluggishness out there on the trails may be due in part to the disgusting things growing inside my throat as well as the race I ran.

I'm pissed.

I started running again about 2 years ago and seriously training for races last September. Since September, I have had the following complications:

1. 3 colds lasting 3 weeks on average
2. Bronchitis
3. Slipped vertebrae in my back (although, to be fair, this started in 2004 but I've only recently gotten treatment for it)
4. pulled muscle in my lower back
5. 4 root canals
6. nerve damage in my left foot due to improperly fitted shoes (I went to a specialty running store and everything!)
7. eye twitch
8. kidney stones
9. strep throat
10. carpel tunnel

Obviously, not all of this is related to running but I can't help but wonder why all these things keep happening. I've taken better care of my body in the last 2 years than I ever have so why does that list sound like that of an 80 year-old woman? I watch what I eat, I take vitamins, I get enough sleep, I avoid stress and exercise regularly, I don't smoke, I rarely drink - WHAT GIVES???

1 comment:

Brittney said...

I've quit trying to figure those things out and just go with the flow. As a pad of post-it notes of mine says "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, which leads me to the next point" What doesn't kill you makes you frustrated.

Hang in there!

Brittney

(I found your blog through the rw forums.)