Sunday, November 04, 2007

5k's Oh My!

Alrighty. I'm done being a bum. I haven't run for 2 whole days and I'm going a little stir crazy. It's hard to remember what life was like before I fell in love with running again. Hard to believe I could go weeks, months, years without the thought of going out for a run ever crossing my mind. Luckily, I'm hooked on it now.

I signed up for a couple of 5k's in the near future that I think will be a lot of fun. The first one is the Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis on December 1st. I ran this one last year, my first 5k in about 100 years. It was bitterly cold out but that didn't stop hundreds of people showing up and tying bells to their shoe laces. I think I'll wear my elf hat this year.

The second 5k is the New Year's Day Resolution Run. I've never done this one before but it looks friendly and will give me a good reason to go easy on the champagne the night before.

And who knows? Maybe a new PR could be in my future. Shhhhhh....I'm desperate to break 30:00, but that's a secret.

4 comments:

P.O.M. said...

Good goals!

New years day is crazy though. ha ha. Actually, my PR on the 10K was after a night of heavy drinking. I would not reccomend it, but I ran faster. ha ha

Andria said...

Glad to see you signed up for more races. Those sound like they should be fun.

Bill Carter said...

I knew that you couldn't make it long. We runners are truly addictive types and we need our running. Nice goals on the 5k runs. That will be some kind of easy after doing the marathon.

Running Ragged said...

I have been thinking about doing the Jingle Bell run, downloaded the application twice already, I think. lol

I'll have to investigate the New Year one! :)