Monday, November 12, 2007

No news is good news

Well, I went out for a 3 mile run today and I didn't die. In fact, I seem to be a little bit better. I had a dizzy/fainting spell on Saturday afternoon at the thrift store which was really more embarrassing than anything. But since then, the palpitations seem to be getting "weaker", if that makes any sense. Probably not.

My good friend also reminded me of the fact that I got a flu shot last week and while I've never gotten flu-like symptoms from it before, that doesn't mean I couldn't this time around. That might explain the light headedness, nausea and other "flu-like symptoms" I'd attributed to my heart cancer.

The fact that my doctor didn't tell me to come in right away or go straight to the ER tells me that yeah, it's probably nothing to be concerned about but I'm still going to request every test in the book. Because the thing is, I don't feel anxious. I don't feel stressed out. In fact, my life just got downright dull here recently and I'm reveling in it, not freaking out for once.

So, we wait until Wednesday.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I hope you get some answers.

Running Ragged said...

I second Nancy's comment. That is scary...I have those once in a while too, and I felt like I was walking on a boat at times, but it got better on it's own. Hope you'll be able to say the same thing.