Saturday, March 01, 2008

Pierced

I did this to myself this afternoon:





Well, technically, Mike down at Pierceology did it but I paid him to do it. Why? you might ask. I think this question might best be answered by a reenactment of a conversation I had with Myself shortly after my Monday Meltdown.

Myself: Everything sucks.

I: Yeah, I know.

Myself: I hate my job.

I: Yeah

Myself: And my boss

I: Totally, she's a douche.

Myself: And things are probably over with the Boy Toy.

I: You were too good for him anyway.

Myself: And it's going to be February for the rest of my life.

I: Probably is.

Myself: I want to do something crazy.

I: Crazy?
Myself: Yeah, like irrational and rebellious and impulsive!

I: Like what?

Myself: Like go all Brittany and shave my head.

I: Or....?

Myself: Or quit my job and sell everything I own on e-bay and become a vagabond.

I: Or...?

Myself: Or get that piercing I've been talking about for years.

I: Now you're talkin'

Myself: Yeah! Stick it to 'The Man'!

So, I took Myself down to the piercing place and got some holes poked in my head. Rational? No. Wise? Of course not. Necessary? Absolutely.

This is not my first piercing by any means. I've already got 3 holes in each ear, I had my tongue pierced in 1997 and I just took that one out about 6 months ago because I had a teeth cleaning and never bothered to put it back in. Bummer. I also had my nose pierced in 2002 to but had to take it out for some job I was doing at the time. This is my subtle way of telling 'The Man' that an earring is not going to affect how well I am able to do my job. That no 'corporation' is going to tell me what I can and cannot do with my own ear. Sure it's unprofessional, but so am I! This 8-5 job is a paycheck, not a lifestyle

5 comments:

Nibbles said...

Kate,

I'm so sorry you've hit a rough patch. I hope the piercing continues to give you confidence to stick it to your rotten boss. If you can handle something like that being enfonced into your cartilage, I'd say you're game for anything life can throw at you! I'd be screaming bloody murder from the pain. Hell, I don't even wear earrings :-)

Please hang in there. We're all here for you.

Midwest said...

As far as rebellions go, that's not so bad. I hope it helped you feel at least a little better.

P.O.M. said...

You go girl!

Andria said...

I love the piercing! I've been there before and for some reason it just made sense (was the tongue for me...)

Hope things get better.

Running Ragged said...

Ouch!

I am such a chicken compared to you!