Monday, January 15, 2007

Like a fish in water

Exercise: Lap swimming
Time: 45 minutes (stopped twice)
Location: duh, pool

I love swimming. Second only to running, it's my favorite form of exercise. I didn't even mind that there were TONS of little kids and a water aerobics class going on all in the same pool. It just felt great to get out there and stroke it up. I was a major swimmer in high school and college and I was always super competitive. Whenever I'd get up on the block before a race, I'd look up and down the line at the other swimmers on either side of me and I'd think "You all are toast." Even now, whenever I get in the pool I always have to be the fastest one. Usually I am because I go in the middle of the day and only senior citizens are there swimming laps. Geesh, I'm such an asshole! Proud of myself for smoking some old ladies. But swimming was always something that came naturally to me and it's about the only sport I have any actual talent for. I'm pretty slow out there on the running trails but throw me in a pool and I'm a rocket.

Doc left a voice mail on my HOME machine so I won't get my test results on my foot until tomorrow. I guess I'll be prepared to run or swim tomorrow, depending on what he says.

No comments: