Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Treadmill blues

Exercise: Running
Distance: 2.00 miles
Time: 20.35 minutes
Average Pace: 10.20/mile
Location: dreadmill
Weather: 20F, snowy. Stupid snow

Have I mentioned I HATE the treadmill?

For some reason it seems really hard to maintain a 10.20 pace on the treadmill. Mentally it's just really draining and, yes, I'm still getting over my sickness a little. But 2 miles is only 2 miles at it was only at a 10.20 pace and this is only the second week (for those of you following along at home, I've adopted Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Training Program for the Novice, only I've shifted the days so that my long run falls on Saturday and my rest day is Thursday, follow?), so what gives?

I need an energy boost.

In other news, the training program I'm following calls for a 10K race at the end of week 9 which, for me, falls on St. Patrick's Day. I've signed up to run the 10K Shamrock Shuffle, then reward myself with some much deserved green beer. Can't wait!

No comments: